At Alley Pond Dental Arts, our number one priority is the safety and well-being of our patients. You are part of our dental family, and we are committed to ensuring that our practice is a safe, sterile and comfortable environment for you. As such, we are following all guidelines from the ADA®, CDC and other organizations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep you safe.
We have implemented a number of new safety measures, including:
- Additional infection control and sterilization. Sterilization has always been a priority, and we have further enhanced our already meticulous disinfection methods by increasing the frequency of our sanitization procedures. We use medical filtration systems, additional oral suctions and other methods to remove aerosols and other particles. Hand sanitizer is also available in our office.
- Pre-visit screenings for all patients and staff daily. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other COVID-19 symptoms, you will be asked to reschedule. Any patient or staff member who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 must receive clearance from their physician before entering our practice.
- Additional use of and training in PPE. We use the most up-to-date personal protective equipment (PPE), including masks, gloves, face shields and gowns.
- Limited waiting room space. We are maintaining physical distancing guidelines by having patients wait in their cars. When you arrive, call to inform the front desk and remain in your car until our team calls you in.
- Limiting the number of patients in our office. We are taking special care with our scheduling and leaving extra time between appointments to allow for safe physical distancing, proper ventilation and sanitation. Only patients, or patients plus one critical caregiver, will be allowed into an appointment. Our office is closed to all individuals except our patients and healthcare workers.
- Masks are required. We request that all our patients wear a face covering and wash their hands prior to entering Alley Pond Dental Arts.
- Antiseptic oral rinses. Patients may be asked to use an antiseptic oral rinse before any procedure to ensure that their mouth is as sterile as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns about our COVID-19 protocols or would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. David S. Hershkowitz, please contact Alley Pond Dental Arts at (718) 468-3434.
We are proud to provide quality dental care in Bayside, New York, and the surrounding areas, and we are committed to giving you a safe environment in which you can receive treatment.